Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Days

I love Ogden, especially during Pioneer Days. Saturday was another patriotic day and I love that. I love celebrating our wonderful heritage and I am so grateful for our pioneer ancestors.

We started out the day at the parade with my family. I love the military in uniform, the stars and stripes everywhere, the old cars, tractors, missionaries, horses, Miss Rodeo Utahs, floats, high school bands, and even the clowns. And only in Utah will you see a bunch of floats that center on the family, the temple, and church. I love it!


Our itty bitty family.

After the parade we mountain biked down Wheeler Canyon. With David's recovering knee and my history of biking accidents, we did surprisingly well. It was fun to just get away for a while and mountain biking is something I really enjoy.

Olivia got to hike around with her Grandma Workman and LOVED playing in this little stream.









With all the missed naps, it's no surprise that Olivia zonked out in the backpack.

Then David's parents were so kind to watch Olivia while David and I went to the rodeo. We love the rodeo and it's becoming a yearly tradition for us. Again, only in Utah will you get to see bull riding, mutton busting, patriotic parachute jumping, motorcross bikers doing flips, and hear the rodeo clown making anti-Obama jokes all in one place.

The fireworks at the end of the rodeo were great. That small dot in the middle of the picture is the full moon just above the Wasatch Front and the rodeo arena. Beautiful!

My sister, Katie.

1 comment: