"Um, like happy birthday, Mom..."
Olivia playing with her gift from Santa Claus. She is starting to walk a little. She'll take about 4 or 5 steps at a time, but pretty soon I predict she'll take off and go.
I just love this picture...
The other day our neighbor asked if I could watch her son for a little bit. This was the first time I've ever seen her take a toy from another kid but she did and he cried and she looked at him like, "what's your problem?" I did help her give it back to him. Anyway it was fun to see them interact.
Every year we get together with our good friends for a "birthday dinner", usually at P.F. Chang's. Steve's birthday is Dec 26th, mine is the 27th, and Alisa's is Feb 21st. From left to right: Alisa's mom (turns out her birthday is Jan 2nd so she'll have to join in on the tradition), Alisa, Andra (Steve's wife), Steve, David, me. We love these friends A LOT!!!
My dad's new calling is the scout master for the special needs mutual. He wanted to teach the special needs kids about different animals so he started collecting all these furs to show them and now he has a very large collection, which includes 2 coats. Cruella DeVille, Cruella DeVille, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will!
Olivia's birthday was yesterday and David wanted her to look extra special so what did he do? Spiked her hair, of course!
...and dressed her like a punk rocker with cowboy boots.
My family came over and we had pizza and cake and ice-cream. Ask me how many little kids don't like chocolate cake... none... except ours!!! She was getting really tired towards the end of the night and was NOT happy that we sat her in her highchair and plopped a big messy blob of brown mush in front of her and expected her to eat it. She touched the frosting and cried while trying to get it off her hands. Then I put a little frosting in her mouth and she made a face, spit it out and cried. I'll admit I was disappointed because I wanted the classic chocolate cake face picture but I'm not too sad that she has already started making healthy food choices so early in her life. Maybe we'll try again with the chocolate cake another day.
Grandpa and Olivia.
I love the hair do and I didn't know she had cowboy boots! Darling! Happy Birthday Olivia!
ReplyDeleteI would have to say that the picture of you covered in the fur is one of your finest. I expect to see that framed and hung next time I visit :)
ReplyDeleteSo that is you covered in a the fur. That's hot!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe it has already been a year since she was born. So I still need to get you those photos of our outing in SLC. I am embarrassed that I haven't given them to you yet.
Happy Birthday to everyone! You guys are great!
ReplyDelete