Thursday, September 23, 2010

Salmon and Big Babies

Last week my dad was telling us about how the salmon were spawning up at Causey and it was supposed to be really cool. So on a whim, David and I, Austin, Annie and my dad headed up there after work. It was rainy and muddy for a little while and we hiked back in the dark. What an adventure! And it was actually really cool. We hiked through a lot of mud and bushes but it was worth it to see all the salmon working so hard to swim upstream. It was a nice little hike and didn't take too long. I'm glad we did it.


See it? That is a moose and you can't see it in this picture but there is a baby moose behind the tree. Crazy!

It's kind of hard to see in the picture but the red things in the stream are the salmon.

Now do you see them? I wanted to catch some to take home and eat SO BAD but you are not allowed to. Seriously, you can catch them with your hands easily.

These babies are getting so BIG!!! I can't believe it how fast they're growing. From left to right: Jamy and Colby Jex's baby McKenzie, Seiko Jensen's baby, Olivia, and Steven and Amelia Miles's baby, Lincoln. So cute!

Little boyfriend and girlfriend. JK not until they're at least 30!

Our big baby... and Olivia.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys are awesome posters! So much better than the slackers we have become! We love all the pictures! You guys ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl is always smiling! I think she is trying to make up for the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete